Roadworks Safety and Traffic Control
Road Works Safety and Traffic Control is an 8-hour specialized course designed for implementors of road construction projects to ensure safety of workers in the work site, users of the road (motorists) and pedestrians while the work is in progress. It emphasizes the importance of planning, designing and management of effective traffic control and the important regulations and issuances of the government. The course includes the checklist of DPWH when conducting Road Works Safety Audit.
Project engineers, contractors, foremen, safety officers and relevant workers in road work projects.
At the end of the course, participants are able to:
- explain the importance of road works safety,
- identify the salient features of the Roadworks Safety Manual,
- plan, design and install necessary and appropriate signs and devises,
- recall the requirements of Department Order 56,
- enumerate the roles of a roadworks traffic controller.