This final quiz will go in more details about the different quiz and question possibilities (not including assessment style questions).
There will be six questions, each of a different type. At the end of the quiz, there will be a short form to get your thoughts on the quiz. This optional form can be added to either the beginning or end of the quiz.
Ready? Let’s get started!
0 of 30 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 30 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. For small project where quantity of steel bars is 10,000kg or less, what is the basis of acceptance of material?
2. Although bar supports are not concrete reinforcing agents, its use is necessary in __________________________________.
3. Regarding flame-cutting (oxy-acetylene) of reinforcement bars, tests have shown that any effect of flame-cutting is localized to the end-cut surfaces. Only a very short distance, approximately ______ mm from the flame-cut ends is affected.
4. The standard hook for stirrup and tie, No 8 bar and smaller is 135-degree bend plus ______ extension at free end of bar, where db = bar diameter.
5. In concrete, proper coverage of the bars is required to prevent what condition(s) from developing?
6. In spirally reinforced compression members, lap splice length of bars within a spiral shall be permitted to be multiplied by ______, but lap length shall not be less than 12 inches.
7. According to CRSI Manual of Standard Practice (Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute), which of the following is not an approved type of reinforcement support
8. There is 1-QT RSB required for every_____________________.
9. Incorrect reinforcing steel placement can and has led to serious concrete structural failures. For example, lowering the top bars or raising the bottom bars by ½ inch more than that specified in a 6-inch-deep slab could reduce its load-carrying capacity by _________.
10. The standard hook for stirrup and tie, No. 6, No. 7, No. 8, is 90-degree bend plus ______ extension at free end of bar, where db = bar diameter
11. In general, the minimum concrete cover for primary reinforcement of concrete not exposed to weather or in contact with the ground should be:
12. When bars of different size are lap spliced in compression, splice length shall be the larger of ldc of larger bar and compression lap splice length of smaller bar. Lap splices of ______________ and smaller bars shall be permitted.
13. In walls and slabs other than concrete joist construction, primary flexural reinforcement shall not be spaced farther apart than three times the wall or slab thickness, nor farther apart than ____________.
14. A tie bar should be __________.
15. PNS 49:1986, has the dash or number marked on reinforcing bars signifying the grade (tensile strength), which grade of reinforcement that has no dash in it?
16. Trial fabrication subject for approval by an authorized representative prior to mass production.
17. In footings between the ground and steel, what minimum thickness of concrete cover, in inches, should be provided?
18. A full mechanical splice shall develop in tension or compression, as required, at least __________ of the bar.
19. Lap splices shall not be used for bars larger than __________.
20. A dowel bar should be _______________.
21. PNS has the Color Code painted on the surface of the ends of each bar signifying its grade (tensile strength). White-Grade 230, Yellow-Grade275, Green-Grade 415, weldable bars is signified by what color?
22. Put in sequence the processes involve in fabrication of reinforcement bars.
23. The standard hook for stirrup and tie, No 5 bar and smaller is 90-degree bend plus ______ extension at free end of bar, where db = bar diameter
24. When splicing 1/2-inch-thick rebar of reinforcing steel without the benefit of drawing specifications, what is the minimum distance, in inches, that you should lap the bar?
25. The minimum clear spacing between parallel bars in a layer shall be db, but not less than ___________. (db = nominal diameter of the bar).
26. What tie is most often used in floor slabs?
27. The grade designation of a reinforcing steel bar.
28. Which one should not consist in bundling reinforcing bars of bigger quantities.
29. The sample of reinforcing steel bars for every 10,000 kgs shall be
30. Bundles and lifts should be securely tied with a minimum No. ____ gage wire for large bundles and/or lifts.