40 hr – Construction Occupational Safety and Health (COSH) with Students Manual
The comprehensive 40-hour course on Construction Occupational Safety and Health (COSH) provides participants a clear and concise explanation of the various responsibilities of a Safety Officer with regards to the OSH Standards and the OSH Law. Participants are able to gain significant learning on the concepts and principle on safety and health to improve their competence to perform as Safety Officers. The program is aimed at equipping participants with the necessary knowledge and skills in keeping the workplace healthful and safe.
At the end of this COSH training, participants are able to:
- discuss the importance of OSH,
- explain the salient features of the OSH law,
- enumerate the causes of accidents in the construction job sites,
- identify hazards, assess risks and recommend control measures,
- conduct the mandatory OSH orientation for all construction workers, and
- perform the role of a safety officer.