The use of heavy equipment is an important part of any commercial, mining and roadway construction and maintenance operations. A variety of heavy equipment are used in construction and maintenance. Operation of heavy equipment such as excavators, loaders, graders, rollers, and bulldozers should always be done by highly skilled operators who have demonstrated the ability and necessary skills to operate safely. Operation. Maintenance and Inspection of heavy equipment should be properly supervised by qualified and competent persons.
Unsafe practices by either the operator or those around the equipment can create very dangerous situations. Serious injuries can occur if the equipment strikes a worker, or if the equipment has rolled over.
After completion of the course participants will be able to:
- enumerate various types of heavy equipment and its uses
- identify controls and safe work practices for heavy equipment operations
- explain the importance of maintenance of heavy equipment
- undertake inspection and testing of heavy equipment
- OSH Standards on Heavy Equipment Operation
- Type of Heavy Equipment
- Hazards Working around Heavy Equipment
- Heavy Equipment Controls and Best Practices
- Equipment Operator Safety
- Work Zone Safety and Traffic Control
- Equipment Maintenenace and Servicing
- Heavy Equipment Testing and Inspection
Who Should Attend?
J3 Trainers and Consultant Inc. is a PRC accredited CPD Provider and all our training is under the Self-directed and/or Lifelong Learning to earn CPD credit units which shall be personally applied by the participant at the PRC with necessary supporting documents (Notarized Application Form for Crediting Self-Directed and/or Lifelong Learning, Training Certificate and Training Program which will be issued to all who successfully completed our training course). To know more about this process, please read PRC MEMO: Guidelines in the processing of Application under Self-Directed learning.