This 40-hour course is designed to provide understanding of the value of intentional effort of the management to control losses by managing pure or non-speculative risks and improve organization’s safety performance and therefore its bottom line.
At the heart of this course is the systems thinking and commitment of management.
LCM is an advanced OHS course and is recommended for those who have already completed the Basic Occupational Safety and Health (BOSH) Course or the Construction Occupational Safety and Health (COSH) Course.
You may use your certificate to get a qualification for Safety Officer 3 and 4.
Prerequisite: Graduate of BOSH SO2 or COSH
- Enumerate the importance of risk management and loss control in business operations
- Clarify the role of management in controlling loss exposure
- Determine the components of a Loss Control Program
- Implement, monitor and maintain effectiveness of a Loss Control Program
At the end of the course, participants are able to:
- enumerate the importance of risk management and loss control in business operations;
- clarify the role of management in controlling loss exposure;
- determine the components of a Loss Control Program; and
- implement, monitor and maintain effectiveness of the Loss Control Program.